It’s common for drivers to spend a lot of time with and inside their vehicles. If you are an avid driving enthusiast, you might have been through the best and the worst weather with your auto and treat it as a second home.
It makes sense to ensure you are safe if you are driving a lot. That’s why upgrading a car with an anemometer and a digital sound meter is a reasonable move. In this post, we’ll take a look at these devices and explain why you should have them inside your vehicle.
What Is an Anemometer?
An anemometer is a device that allows measuring wind direction and speed. There are several popular types of anemometers you can consider:
- Cup anemometer consists of three or four cups mounted on horizontal planes that start spinning faster once more air is flowing through them. Although these anemometers lack precision, they are a good basic way to know that the wind is blowing stronger.
- Vane anemometer. This anemometer type looks like a propeller with a tail. It is sensitive to the direction of the airflow and offers higher precision of direction and speed measurements;
- Ultrasonic anemometer. This modification is a yet more efficient one since it uses ultrasonic waves to capture data. There are sensors with either two or three arms – the latter has higher accuracy.
Why Should You Keep an Anemometer Inside Your Car?
Since anemometers are mainly used at weather stations, you might be wondering what the use of them is inside the car. However, keeping the device around comes quite handy for drivers. Here are the benefits of having an anemometer inside a car.
- Higher driving safety. In case you drive in windy areas, it’s helpful to know when the winds are getting stronger to not head out and catch a bad wind. An anemometer helps drivers plan their rides and ensure they are not going to have to worry about losing control over the vehicle in the middle of the highway.
- Measuring the air circulation inside the car. You can use an anemometer to check if a heating system inside the car is efficient or if ventilation performs well.
- Choosing safer routes. You can know the direction of the wind and choose a route that is the opposite to the direction of the wind, increasing the safety and enjoyment of driving.
What Is a Digital Sound Meter?
A digital sound meter is another device every driver should have inside a car. It is designed to measure noise levels – be it traffic, music, or another source. Top-tier sound meters can help drivers measure the sound levels in several frequencies – A-, B-, C-, D-, and Z. Sound meters have been recognized by scientists as a chief way to prevent deafness and stabilize good hearing levels.
For vehicle drivers, the desire to crank the music all the way to the top is common. This way, we can unknowingly deal a ton of damage. A digital sound meter helps control if the volume you are using is appropriate for your hearing.
Why You Should Have a Digital Sound Meter?
There are multiple benefits of equipping the car with a digital sound meter. Here’s why drivers should plant a device inside their vehicles:
- Helps improve concentration levels. Excessive noise inside the car can distract the driver from what’s going on on the road, not allowing him to hear the horns from cars behind him, and disrupt the sense of orientation altogether. A sound meter helps keep the sound levels low enough to no impact the decision-making process.
- Preserves hearing. Using a digital sound meter allows avoiding potential harm from listening to the radio too loudly. A driver can be confident he’s not damaging his hearing from listening to loud music for several consecutive hours.
- Detect the sources of side noises. Chances are there are noises inside the car that drivers don’t notice since they got used to them. A sound meter helps detect excessive noises and give drivers a clue to finding car performance issues associated with them.
- Determining if the in-vehicle sound system performs well enough. Chances are, the sound meter will show you that the volume your speakers and subwoofers offer is not loud enough and you might want to consider replacing a component or the entire system to get that bass inside the car.
Using anemometers and digital sound meters gives motorists more awareness of what’s going on inside and outside of the vehicle. These devices increase your safety and help improve the longevity of the car.
Thanks to being able to track the intensity of the wind outside and that of in-vehicle sounds, you will be able to enjoy rides to the fullest extent without compromising on-road safety or your well-being.