It’s no surprise that those who are keen on active lifestyle always face the problem of transporting many belongings in a car, for example, bicycles. It’s no news that a bicycle is not a chocolate bar — it’s large and if you ever tried to stuff a bike into the trunk, you know what we’re talking about. The good thing is that the car market does not standstill. Now there is a special trunk for bicycles for all cycling fans. With the help of such a trunk, you can attach the bike to the rear of the car. It will be securely locked in the back, and you won’t worry about it.
Related post: Rear bike Racks
Advantages of using
First, it’s safety. Your bike will be safely attached to the rear of the vehicle. Of course, the fact that this is a very convenient option for transporting bicycles cannot be denied. You can independently install and remove this add-on to the car; they are very convenient to use and install. Using this stand, you can lock up to five bicycles and it’s very convenient. In addition, they are very easy to assemble. You can assemble such an addition yourself without any additional help. What’s more, you won’t need to disassemble and reassemble everything. It will be enough just to fix it.
Types of rear bike rack
There are two types of bicycle racks that you can use to lock the bike at the back of the car. The first option is a metal structure where you can fix the bike.
The second option is a belt, so you can tie a bike to the rear of your car. Please note that the luggage racks differ from each other not only in the number of bicycles that can be locked but also in the carrying capacity. There may be many places for bicycles, but the overall load capacity is not so big. Pay attention to this in order not to accidentally overload the stand.
- Different models have different assembly processes. First, you need to assemble the bike stand. Pay attention to the instructions that come with it and follow it. You will have to assemble the structure only once. In the future, it will be quite simple to take off and take on.
- This supplement has to be attached to the car with straps. Securely lock the structure and attach it to the trunk. Then tighten the straps to the maximum. Make sure the mount is not loose and sits tightly on the back door of your car.
- Now you can fix the bikes on the stand. Lock each wheel to the stand. Lock the frame. In addition, some models have additional straps in order to more securely fix the bikes. Now you can start your car and go wherever you want.
- After completing the trip, you can remove the bikes from the stand. Unfasten all fastenings and remove bicycles.
- Remove the stand from the rear door of the vehicle.
How many bicycles can I carry?
Some bike racks can carry up to 5 bikes.
Do bike racks damage your car?
When used properly, this device will not damage your car. The main thing is to correctly install the trunk for bicycles and correctly fix it.
How do I protect my car from a bike rack?
Despite the fact that such luggage racks are safe, you can play it easy and apply a protective pellicle or paint in order to protect the car from scratches.
Can you open your trunk with a bike rack on it?
There are models that allow you to open the trunk even when bikes are installed. These are bike racks and if you often need to open the trunk, pay attention to such models.
Related post: Best Bike Tale Lights
Using this add-on to the car is very simple, but you need to remember the safety rules anyway. First, remember about carrying capacity. Never overload the bike stand and belts. If you use a belt mounting system, make sure all belts are tight. Of course, you need to remember that you have bikes attached to the back of the car when you drive. Try to avoid sharp turns and fast driving.