Very often going on a trip, we are faced with the problem that all the luggage does not fit in the trunk of the car, and you don’t really want to wind up with things around the car’s interior. In such cases, various car accessories come to the rescue. Among which are roof racks and bags. Using conventional roof racks is also a very good option, but only big things can be fixed. In the bag, you can put everything you want. You can not worry about the fact that things get wet or worn out, as such car roof bags are made of a special waterproof material. Installing such a bag is very simple and now you can be sure of it.
Benefits of using.
Using such an accessory has many advantages. First of all, thanks to this bag, you save space in your car. During long trips, when you need to carry a lot of things, it will be very useful. Very often people use ordinary roof racks, but with them you cannot be sure that things will not suffer from the weather. These bags are waterproof.
Installation. Step-by-step instruction.
- First clean the roof of your car. It is advisable to install this accessory on a protective mat. Installing the bag on the mat minimizes the possibility of scratches on the roof of your car from rubbing the bag on the surface while driving.
- You can set it yourself, but it will be much more convenient if you ask for help to hold the bag on the other side. Put the bag between the rails on the roof of your car. Make sure that the swag is smaller from the distance between the rails. Spread the rails as far as possible to the maximum latitude, if your machine’s frame allows it. It is very important that the edges of the bag did not fit close to them and did not overlap them.
- Load the bag with things. Try to place luggage evenly inside the bag and try to avoid unbalance.
- Tighten the straps on the bag.
- Fasten the bag maximally tight to the rails on the roof of your car.
- Remove the boom from the boot in the reverse order. You can easily do it yourself.
It is a very convenient accessory to use, but it also requires safe use. First of all, make sure that you securely fasten the bag to the roof of your car. All belts must be tightened securely. Secondly, it is very important to monitor the balance. Things should be distributed evenly over the roof. Do not overload such bags and never carry more weight on the roof than expected. When driving with such a bag, remember this. Try to avoid sharp turns and fast driving.
Do you need to have cross bars or will this bag fasten securely with just front to back rails?
There are various models. You do not have to have just such a roof. You can choose a bag model for any roof.
Will this work on a 2 door car with a sunroof and no roof rack?
You can pick up models and fix it on any car with any type of roof. 2 doors car too.
Can you put a roof bag on a sunroof?
It is not recommended to place the cruise directly on the hatch. This can increase pressure. If you have such a roof, you need to use additional crossbars in order to hold the bag.
How much weight can a car roof support?
It depends on how much weight your roof can support. On average, most cars can carry around 165 pounds.
What happens if you put too much weight in a car?
Too much weight on the roof of your car can damage your car and accelerate its wear. This is an unnecessary extra load on some car systems.
Using this accessory will help you simplify your trip as much as possible. You can carry a lot more baggage without harming the space in your car. But remember that you must be careful when driving with a roof weight. Remember the safety rules. First, never overload your bag. Each model has the maximum allowable weight. Transporting more is dangerous. Also remember that you now need to drive carefully and avoid steep turns.